Featured Practices for Sale
Download our Guides to Financing Your Practice
Download our free guides to financing your practice.
Need financial support to buy?
We can broker dental lends every day.
No matter if you’re buying your first or tenth practice, we can help. Let us make the whole finance process as simple as possible. We’ll assist you with ensuring your purchase is financially sustainable. Taking your personal circumstances into account, we’ll do our utmost to secure you the best possible deal on the market.
What is even better is that in 76% of cases our services comes at no extra cost whatsoever. Furthermore, if you are buying a practice outside of Dental Elite you will still benefit from our CQC service.
The difference when buying through Dental Elite
- Upon registration you will be allocated a Buyer Account Manager to work with throughout your practice search. Your account manager takes responsibility for ensuring you do-not miss a practice and will be allocated depending on your acquisition aspirations.
- All of our consultants take responsibility for both their valuations and the successful sale of their practices so you will always be able to speak to someone who conducted the practice valuation to explain their methodology.
- When buying through Dental Elite you do-not pay any membership fees whatsoever; we do-not charge for emails, SMS notification or WhatsApp Notifications, we do-not charge a fee for registering as an open market buyer.
- We offer all buyers the option to register as an Elite Buyer, whereby the buyer pays the sellers agency fee. Often sellers we instruct we speak with Elite Buyers only which means you will have access to a larger pool of dental practices for sale.
- We support all of our Buyers and Vendors through the DDQ and CQC Application processes if they want us to. Both of these processes can significantly delay the sale so we takeover some of this process in order to expedite the timeline as much as possible.
- Our Sales Progression team will be in contact on a regular basis (daily if required) to ensure you know exactly where your transaction is and what is holding it up so you are never left wondering.
Buying a dental practice is a huge commitment, so if you are looking to become a principal, there are a few things you will need to consider and strive for.
- Build a stable career.
- Ensure your personal expenditure doesn’t massively impact your affordability.
- Get expert advice and support.
- Decide between a leasehold or freehold purchase.
- Tailor the place search to your experience to ensure you secure funding.
- Design a business plan.
- Get the structure of the business right.
- Secure financing.
- Start the CQC process and apply for your DBS as soon as you have agreed Heads of Terms with the vendor.
- Due diligence.
Read more about our top tips for buying a dental practice.
There is no perfect answer to this question, and resembles a “how long is a piece of string” answer. Ultimately a business is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it and as a valuer we base our valuations on comparable data of other completed and agreed transactions which best resemble a practice in question. When evaluating an opportunity you need to consider a number of things but probably the two most important are the underlying profitability you would inherit and the business’ potential. If you want further advice we do offer a strategic buyer valuation service which would give you a stronger insight.
A freehold property purchase means that it is owned outright and as such owners don’t have to pay ground rent, service charges and any other landlord costs. This makes it a lot more ‘final’ than a leasehold and it can tie up money and debt capacity. On the other hand, a leasehold means you only own the property and the land for a stipulated amount of time making it more appropriate for those who want to invest money into the business rather than the property itself. Find out more.
Considerations when buying and selling a dental practice
Dental practice sales transactions are more complicated today than ever before. There have been many changes since the start of the 2006 NHS contract including the creation of the Care Quality Commission, Information Governance and restructuring of NHS England, setting light to the dental practices for sale market. The option to trade as a Limited Company has encouraged multiple practice ownership and fuelled goodwill values nationwide.
However, the process of selling dental practices is now significantly more difficult with due diligence taking longer due to complex variables when selling or buying a practice. As a result, dental practice transactions can now take far longer than ever before. But with the right advisers working with you this doesn’t have to be such a long process. At Dental Elite, we deliver a service that manages the process efficiently and works towards a number of milestones in a transaction that get you the result you want.
Every year there is something new in Dental Practice Acquisition from the current impact of the poor availability of Associate Dentists to the re-tendering of Orthodontic Contracts. We believe that only the most active agents, like us, who are invested in the profession by attending regular seminars and trade shows have a real measure of exactly what is changing in the market and are placed to adapt valuations and sales strategies accordingly. For advice, give our experts a call on 01788 545900.
We are one of the most active finance brokers for dentists in the UK. See how we can help you today…