Here at Dental Elite, we want to keep the dental sector up-to-date on all the latest information.
As such, we’re delighted to share 5 positive things that have been happening in the dental mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market so far this year!
- The team have been registering, on average, around 15 new buyers per week. For independent dentists looking to acquire their first or second dental practice, this is good news as the market is still strong for these sorts of acquisitions
- The NHS sector has certainly fared the worst over the past few years, however, it’s not all bad news! We’ve recently agreed deals for two big NHS practices in the £600,000 range at multiples of 7.3x EBITDA
- For those seeking private and/or mixed practices, the market is still strong. Practices are being agreed at multiples of around 8x EBITDA
- Excitingly, new corporate buyers are entering the market, with familiar faces like mydentist re-joining too and agreeing deals. Todays Dentist Dental Group UK has agreed 3 deals this year so far – Real Good Dental Company is also migrating down South to England and to Ireland, which will maximise competition
- We’re seeing that interest rates are stabilising where they’re at currently – what a relief! The effects of this will be felt across the UK, increasing confidence for those wishing to acquire or sell
The team here at Dental Elite will continue to keep an eye on the market as the year progresses – but we’re pleased to report some good news. The dental sector is incredibly resilient, and for those looking to sell or buy, now is the time.
In the meantime, get in touch if you have any questions or would like to find out more.